A-listers looked their Sunday best at the Academy Awards and like every year, the red carpet hits were in abundance. were Plenty of trends were present indeed, like black and whites, metallics and even champaign colored dresses, but for me, it was all about pale tones.
Though I am not surprised, since these soft shades are about to take center stage in the spring, these five looks clearly caught my attention. They are classic, timeless, ultra feminine and very fit for Hollywood’s biggest party.
1. Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace: Hello Hollywood. I mean, she is royalty in tinsel town, but this entire ensemble blew me away. The low-plunging Versace gown is simply divine, and the hair and clutch give it an iconic feel that will sure be emulated for years to come. Bravo, Kate.
2. Penelope Cruz in Gianbattista Valli Haute Couture: I like the soft color paired up with a black bow, though it got mixed reviews by fashion critics worldwide. I think she looks super pretty in pink, it goes nicely with her olive complexion and Chopard gems.With all that said, she gets my vote in the pale parade.
3. Lupita Nyong’o in custom Prada: This dress is fit for a princess and once again, Ms. Nyong’o left us all swooning with her pick, which is the stuff winners are made of. This gal is one to watch not only on screen, as I am use terrific roles are about to come on knocking but also on the sartorial front. Lupita chose the light blue hue as a way to honor her native Kenya.
4. Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein Collection: This Aussie was a vision in white on the red carpet, donning a slimming embroidered Calvin Klein floor-length gown, a statement Bulgari necklace and standout clutch. It was the epitome of sophistication.
5. Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive: This gold cap-sleeve gown is perfect for an Oscar winner. It fits her beautifully and she even described her longstanding relationship with designer Georgio Armani. I adore seeing how regal this woman always looks.
There were so many fantastic dresses, I may have to do another recap coming up. Between Ellen’s spot-on selfies to her impromptu pizza party, it was An Academy Awards for the books!
Oh yeah and what were some of your favorite choices? Do tell, do share!
Ryzenberg On, is Signing Off